Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rippin' the Groomers

Making up for lack of snow.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort: A work in progress.

It's been pretty dry here out in powder land. The last three days we had were sunny and practically warm up on the top of the Apres Vous chairlift. I was starting to get worried. Today I had the day off of work, so David and I decided to go for a day of shredding on the "White Ribbon of Death" at JHMR. David still doesn't have a pass yet due to lack of job (boo) so he bought a "beginner" lift ticket and was able to ride Teewinot all day for $12. It actually isn't that bad because they've thrown a little mini terrain park in there. After starting off a little rough (I realized I forgot goggles and sunglasses right when we got to the resort and had to borrow some from one of the maintenance dudes) we had a blast. David hit some rails, and I took a couple of runs on the icy slopes off of AV, where it started dumping snow later in the afternoon. Jackson-ites rejoice! Winter is on the way!

On a side note:
After a fun night of celebrating some real photo sales with David, my co-worker Alex and his buddy John last night at the Caddy, Alex actually convinced me to learn how to ski on Wednesday. Oh that's tomorrow. Shoot. Well, I've never skied before but I've always kind of wanted to, so I'm going to don some dark clothing and be a gaper for the day. Wish me luck!

No comments: