Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in the Park

David Duffy

First of all...Merry Christmas! It's been a pretty crazy week, like most weeks are leading up to holidays, but it's definitely been fun. After a grueling five days of shooting photos of tourists, I was able to have Dec. 23-25 off to unwind and celebrate. I was ready to get out and shoot some real stuff. Luckily Jackson Hole has installed a decent little park for us to play in. David was kind enough to buy me a new battery for my 1D Mark II N, a much needed Christmas gift. With my new battery in, I realized that my pro camera is quite the powerful instrument. You hardly miss a shot with 8.5 frames per second. I set up shop at the biggest jump in the park and watched David do his thing, all the while firing off my machine gun of a camera. The jump isn't that big, but David was somehow able to pull off backflips, backside 540s and backside 3 tailgrabs. It was a blast and it felt good to get some shooting of my own in. Enjoy!

David Duffy

David Duffy; Backflip

In case you wondered how my Christmas was, I will give you the low down. On Christmas Eve, we went snowboarding. David and I could hardly wait to open presents so we opened eachother's that night. Obviously like I mentioned David gave me a new Canon battery for my beast camera and I got him a down jacket (pretty much essential for JH living). Then we drank delicious eggnog cocktails and roamed around the city looking at the lights in town square. Christmas morning was present time and we checked out what our families had gotten us. I definitely scored some pretty great gifts this year (thanks mom!). We went shredding again and came home a little early to start cooking dinner. I invited my friend Alex over to share David's mom's recipe for a traditional German dish of bratwurst and sauerkraut with potatoes. Then I made my mom's heavenly holiday mint pie for dessert. The night was filled with fun stories, good food, wine, and friends. Being with family would have been unbeatable, but I think we had some good times anyway. So long for now!

No comments: