Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dear Weatherman...



Please stop predicting snow in the forecast if it's not going to happen. I wake up every morning before the sun rises, throw open the door, and there is still no more snow. This -14 degrees that you are giving me tonight is not enough. I need something more. I need the fluffy white stuff. So, if you would, please don't tease me with those silly little snowflake icons. This is one of those circumstances in which I would be happy for you to be wrong. I would rather expect sunshine and be pleasantly surprised when I wake up to a gray blanket sky and a heap of snow on my porch. I realize that I used to live in Seattle and you may think that I'm sick of gray skies, but I'm sorry to say that you have failed. No more sunshine. Please give me snow. Raise the temperatures into the 20s so that we can get those big fluffy flakes that us powder hounds dream of. What did Utah do to deserve such a gift anyway? So, if you could, please tell those storms to move north. We are all longing for some powder turns here in Jackson. Thank you.

P.S. I need at least 14 inches to be happy.

No comments: