Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Riding with Moose


Photo complements of Wikipedia.

I've heard rumors about the moose that lives under the Aprés Vous chairlift, but I hardly believed my eyes when I saw it today. There I was, riding the Nez Perce traverse from Casper over to the north side of the mountain when a GIANT animal appeared trudging through the bushes just below the traverse. It wasn't more than 10 feet away from me! I would have loved to stop and get a photo of Mama Moose, but I thought the thing would have trampled me if I pissed it off. Plus it was a traverse so I wasn't moving too quickly as my board is having an issue with holding wax. How crazy it was, though. Never thought I'd say I'd be snowboarding in the presence of a moose.

2 comments:

siwa said...

How lucky that you got to see her! I'd love to be there, so close to nature everyday like you are. Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Yikes! Good idea getting out of big mama's way. I wonder where the rest of the herd lives!