Friday, April 30, 2010

Back to Real Life...Sort Of

After a 13 1/2 hour drive (record time might I add) straight through from Seattle to Jackson, David and I are back in our apartment trying to adjust to what "real life" feels like again. I haven't worked in almost a month and it's weird to have responsibility again. I am starting my job at the Amangani today and I'm pretty excited about it. I loved having a job as a photographer, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. This way, I will be able to afford my photography and hopefully start something on my own soon. Sounds like a better plan to me.

Also, it's snowing in Jackson! How am I supposed to get motivated about summer when it's 32 degrees! So much for spring...It's too bad there isn't even enough snow to actually snowboard on. A week ago people were riding their bikes up Teton Pass if that says anything about how much melting had gone on. Maybe we'll have to check it out anyway. ;)

On another note, my friend Robin Pitt started up his project Influence Mag, which David and I are a part of. Influence is an online magazine featuring photo stories and HD video segments about adventure sports. This could include all kinds of sports: snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, fishing, rock climbing, paragliding, base jumping, surfing, etc. The goal is to encourage people to get out and explore all there is to offer in their surrounding area. Obviously in Jackson it's easy to do since the Tetons are our backyard, but there really is a lot to do in this world. You just have to look for it. If you are interested in subscribing (it's free!), go ahead and sign up at Influence Mag. Official posts don't start until September but it's always better to sign up before you forget :) You'll also see one of my photos featured on the main page slideshow!

I guess that's it for now. No crazy adventure stories on my end at the moment. I'll leave you with a few photos I shot of some tulips in Seattle. I forgot how many flowers there are all over that city. These things just pop up like weeds!

Spring Has SprungPretty in Pink

No comments: