Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Snowboarding!

Teton Pass Powder
Destination: Powder

I guess I didn't expect the off-season to be filled with this much snowboarding, but yesterday it was! We got a solid 7" of snow on the Pass, along with a whopping 20" over at Grand Targhee! Time to take advantage. David and I planned on going up to the Pass at 7 am to meet up with Robin & Julie. We did a lap on Chiver's Ridge and decided it was so good, we could squeeze another one in before Julie had to go to work. It was definitely possible. I don't usually get up to the Pass until at least 9, so it was beautiful to see what happens there at sunrise.

Sunrise on Teton Pass
Early morning on Teton Pass.

Trail Creek Road
Trail Creek parking area.

Robin shoots marketing photos for the 'Ghee and he was able to convince me & David to get over there and ride (you can imagine he really had to twist my arm haha). We arrived to a beautiful sunny day, and a not overly-crowded resort. Targhee is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get out there more next year.

Mary's Nipple
This is called Mary's Nipple. It looks more nipple-y from up higher.

Riding trees at Grand Targhee
Some tree runs at the 'Ghee.

Another highlight from yesterday...I got a new job! I'm so excited. I'm going to be serving at the beautiful Amangani . Check out the website. You'll see why I'm so excited. It sounds like it's going to be a great job.

No comments: