Friday, May 7, 2010

Just when I thought it was over...

Never underestimate the power of mother nature...really. Two weeks ago I was driving over Teton Pass to Seattle on a bright sunny day, wearing a sundress, observing somebody riding their bicycle. Fast forward to today. At 7 am this morning, I was driving up Teton Pass trying to avoid black ice, dodging layers of fog, only to break through the clouds and see tons of fresh snow, my snowboard in the back of the truck. Oh and to top it off, there was this beautiful inversion so we were actually hiking and riding above the clouds. It really did feel like we were in heaven! I don't really think there is much more to say other than happy early birthday to me :)

Yonder is Jackson Hole
Famous sign at the top of the Pass. "Howdy Stranger, Yonder is Jackson Hole. The last of the Old West!"

Teton Pass
Driving up the Pass, just after breaking through clouds.

Big Sign
I'd been hiking almost an hour here. I'm rejoicing because the end is near!

Inversion
David looking into a sea of clouds just before our descent.

Early May Tracks
Fresh snow to shred...in May!

No comments: