Monday, November 23, 2009

Snow King Jump Session #2

Checking in from another icy night here in Jackson Hole. Current temperature: 21 degrees. Forecast for this evening: Lows of 2 to 7 with a 20% chance of snow. Brrrrr!!!!

Icicles on My Truck
Icicles on my truck.

David Duffy
Today's rider. He's a hottie, I know.

After walking around with friends "downtown" last night and realizing that it was snowing about an inch an hour, David and I figured that another jump session at Snow King would be in store. Giddy with the fact that the snow cats hadn't yet plowed down all of the big mounds of snow, we got our gear together and hiked up.

Jump Construction
Jump construction.

Today's jump turned out way better than yesterday's. David was able to cut into one of the big mounds of snow and form a nice little lip. The landing was also good, as it was the opposite side of the snow mound. It wasn't long before David was sessioning. Luckily, my flash decided to fire today! Maybe it was because I put the batteries in my jacket for as long as possible. On the flip side however, my 1D's battery was loosing momentum fast. I couldn't even take advantage of the 8 frames per second sequence shots because the battery was just drained. Looks like I'm going to need to invest in another one of those. Lame. Luckily I had my 20D with me so I did get some decent pics.

David, stalefish.
Yep, I got sprayed with snow in this one. David, stalefish.

David on the Snow King jump
The last shot from the 1D. It was the second frame in what should have been a sequence.


1 comment:

Bekah said...

I just found your site through the Flickr snowboarding northwest group. I love the perspective you have in your shots. Looking forward to more great photography throughout the season from JH!