Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just another day in Paradise.

Good Morning.

Good morning! As you can see I have brewed myself a French press full of delicious bold coffee. The perfect start to a beautiful day. What am I doing today? Oh yeah, nothing. I still haven't started my job yet (that will change on Saturday) so I'm continually taking advantage of all of this free time, or at least trying to. The day is young though so I can justify sitting around for a while.

Yesterday David and I went on a little photo drive. It was sort of stemming from the disappointment that occurred after we tried to go snowboard on Snow King and then watched as the cat plowed down all of the "fresh" fake snow. There wasn't much going on there anyway.

Cold as ...
The fake snowmaker. Photo by David Duffy.

Our drive took us out onto the highway that goes to the airport and then into the Gros Ventre campground. We really wanted to see some wildlife but that didn't happen. The closest we came were some elk tracks that were scattered on the ice of a frozen pond.

Elk Tracks on Ice

We kind of just milled around for a while shooting photos and exploring this foreign land that is Wyoming.

Stark Contrast.
Gros Ventre campgrond. Not bad.

David

On the way back to the car, David found a bamboo stick on the side of the road and decided it would be a good idea to practice his javelin skills.

Bamboo Javelin Throw

Our next destination was a straight-on view of the Tetons. Pretty stereotypical, yes, but pretty much essential. It's funny how people are always in awe of these shots. Maybe I get annoyed by the fact that people are obsessed with this view because it's practically in my backyard. Life is tough, I know.

I'm a tourist today.
I am a tourist for taking this photograph. But oh well, it's lovely.

We stopped by the Elk Refuge on the way home hoping to get some shots of the elk but could only see one lonely guy with a huge set of antlers way out in the middle of the field. He was a little too far away to get a decent picture. We did see a fox running through the field though.

Nothing too exciting happened last night besides yoga class and making a delicious dinner of Chicken Marsala. Cooking makes me happy :)

On another note, the Herbst Whiskey is a-brewing. This is David's holiday creation. It should be done by next week!

The Herbst
Herbst Whiskey. Photo by David Duffy.

Tah-tah for now!

No comments: