Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Deep Freeze Begins...

The Deep Freeze Begins.

I almost forgot what Jackson was supposed to look like in the winter. I've really enjoyed staying warm (sort of) while hiking and biking around, and I've totally taken advantage of the fact that I can wear adorable little flats instead of unfeminine winter boots. That was until today. I met my friend Laura for some coffee at the Hard Drive Café, and by the end of our little catch-up session we were staring out the window at the giant white flakes falling from the sky. Finally.

A Light Dusting.
Our apartment! David's peeking his head out of the door.

The snow didn't really cause much of a hazard driving around town, but I did hear that Teton Pass was closed for a bit. By the end of the day the LED displays were updated with messages such as "No Trailers" and "Chain Law". I'm sure tomorrow I'll be slipping and sliding when I go outside. That's the pass for you.

Tomorrow I think I will head over to the local designers' holiday trunk show. I met one of the girls who grew up in Jackson and is now a designer of For Love & Lemons. Her name is Laura Hall. I was happy to find out that there is a little bit of fashion here in Jackson Hole. I thought it was all about Pata-gucci and Arcteryx. Thank god there is a chance for girls to be girls. Props to Laura Hall and the other women showing off their stuff in the trunk show.

For night life, Storm Show Productions, a local video production studio run by Darrell Miller, is having a world premiere for it's newest film "Magic Moments". I have a feeling that it's going to be mostly skiers in the video, but that's okay. Skiing is cool sometimes too. Should be a good chance to go out and meet some local folks as well.

I've also spent a good deal of time doing my duties for YoBeat. If you are interested, you should check out some of the old posts I've been going through and re-posting on their WordPress site. Let's just say, snowboarding has come a long way since 1999. Here's what I've re-posted...and just to reiterate, none of these postings were written by me. I'm just the poster. Old Stuff on YoBeat.

Lastly, I've been dreaming about snowboarding. Not like that is anything new, but seeing the snow falling only gets me more excited. I'll leave you with this photo I came across of me taking a turn in the Rock Springs area, just outside of the JHMR ski boundary. Cheers!

Rock Springs III
Hell yeah that's me! Photo by David Duffy.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Love the b+w processing on these. And the first one has a really cool feeling to it. Gets me stoked on winter! Have fun out there in Jackson.