Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Free Day with My Camera

The Underside of 520

Because of our shortened camping trip, David and I a day off together. One where we had absolutely nothing to do. It was kind of a weird feeling actually. We started out the day by heading over to Evo where I picked up some of the latest copies of Frequency and Snowboarder Magazines. I've been pouring over them like I did when I received a copy of Turtle Magazine when I was five years old. Plus I need that inspiration.

Next we decided to go to lunch at a little place David had heard about on Fremont Ave called Paseo. I never even knew this place existed (probably because it's teeny and there's no sign), but I'm sure glad I do now! They make these to-die-for Cuban sandwiches with aioli, jalapeƱos, and caramelized onions. Delicious! We spent the next hour trying to find a bathroom to wash off our grubby hands. We stopped in Starbucks in U Village, just to see what it was all about. They spent months doing construction on the place, and that used to be my Sunday night study spot when I went to UW. The building is now supposedly a certified green building. It looks a lot fancier than it used to with darker wood accents and one of those awesome Clover machines. We hung out there for a bit while reading over the new mags.

Finally we went over to the Arboretum in hopes of taking some photos of fall foliage. Unfortunately the leaves aren't changing quite yet but we still got some pretty good shots. The traffic I sat in together is the type that inspires me to never drive again. It was miserable.

Here are some of the shots I got from the Arboretum. Of course I was using my new Mark II N, so they look pretty sharp and noise-free to me. Enjoy!

The Trail

Lake Washington Lookout

Husky Stadium

Husky Stadium

Lilly Pads

No comments: