Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three Days of Peace

I've been so busy this past week I realized I haven't updated my blog in what seems like forever. Where do I start? Well, work has been a zoo. With President's Day weekend and the week following, we've had a pretty large number of tourists to deal with. It's been gorgeous and sunny outside so there are plenty of opportunities for beautiful shots. For the first time in a while I've been making money at my job.

I wrapped up the weekend with a morning hike up Mt. Glory and shooting a wedding in the afternoon. I can't think of anything more romantic for two die-hard snowboarders than getting married at the top of the tram. Here's a shot of the newlyweds riding off into the setting sun. Congratulations Cindi & Brian!



On Tuesday I finally got a chance to have some "me" time. David and I started off the morning with a photo session in the big park. He's really progressed this year and it's been super fun being on the opposite side of the lens doing all of the documenting. Latest trick: backside 900. Check it here:



I also got some photos from a few new angles too which I was super stoked about. It gets hard to find new angles and to get creative on the same features all the time but I was really happy with what we came up with!

20100223_bigpark_0001

20100223_bigpark_0004

20100223_bigpark_0005

I love shooting photos, but one of my favorite parts of the week was progressing my own riding. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday riding in the small park to practice my jumps and also riding switch. It really felt good to take a day like that to just practice. By the end of the day I could make it down the bunny hill with my opposite foot forward without falling. Woohoo!

Today was another epic day with 9" of new snowfall! It's been weeks since we got a big dump so I grabbed some friends and hit the slopes. I rode with David, Anna and her roommate Michael for most of the day. We really had an awesome time and ended the day with a lap through Rock Springs and margaritas at the Moose. Couldn't be better :)

1 comment:

Mike Folden said...

You're progressing a lot! I enjoy keeping up with you on the blog. I have been trying to focus on angles as well. It's what can set you apart from the norm. Good work!