Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's Park Time Again

It's been a while since we've gotten any new snow here in JH, so I'm back to shooting photos of David in the park. Not that I don't like that, but the level of creativity is limited in the park because I'm shooting the same features every time. This time we were out in the "intermediate" terrain park. I would consider myself above an intermediate level of riding, at least in the backcountry, and I don't really see myself hitting any of these mammoth jumps this season. Here are a few shots from the morning:

David Duffy, Backside 180

Backside 180 Nose

On another note, I'm sorry for the massive delay in blog posting. My last post was a bit of a rant, and a much needed one at that. I had my friend Kevin, a bartender at Teatro Zinzanni, visiting me over the past week. We were pretty busy getting after it while he was here. Lucky for him, it snowed a ton over the holiday weekend and he was able to experience what it's like to rip some JH pow.

As for future plans, I guess I'm going to drag myself out to the mountain today. All of my favorite riding buddies are working so I'm a bit less motivated. On a good work-related note, David is off to get oriented with working for Teton Gravity Research! He's going to spend three mornings a week logging videos for them. I'm not exactly sure what logging videos means, but it would definitely be sweet getting on board with TGR. If you're not familiar with TGR, check out a little preview of their upcoming snowboard movie "Deeper" featuring two of the most respected backcountry snowboarders in the industry -- Jeremy Jones & Xavier De Le Rue.

No comments: