Monday, January 18, 2010

Making the Best of What You Have

It's getting to the point that the snow level is so low that people are just starting not to care. Most I've talked to are looking forward to spring already. We haven't gotten snow since that 10 inch drop two weeks ago. Anyone who comes here is either a tourist or a local who has nothing better to do than cruise groomers all day. David even took up skiing yesterday! (He did really well too and wants to get good at it this year). With rocks starting to reveal themselves again in the middle of the runs, I thought it was time to work on my park skills and take some more photos.

Thursday was my first day off last week so we decided to go hit up the park early while it was still nice and groomed with no crowds. David pulled a few backside 540s and backflips, along with a sick method. I got in front of the lens as well!

Backside 540
Spins in front of Sleeping Indian.

Camouflage Method
Camouflaged Method.

Snowboarding Photographer :)
First a snowboarder, then a photographer. Me hitting the small jump.

After David left to go to work, I started hitting one of the bigger jumps. I was pretty proud of myself that I worked up the courage to do so. The park is scary sometimes but there is no point in living at a resort and not progressing. You have to scare yourself a little in order to get better :)

Balancing Act

**On a side note, yesterday I was in charge of taking photos of the JH Ski Club North Series Super G ski race here in Jackson Hole. These kids are only about high school age and they were going nearly 60 mph! It was pretty incredible to see. We could see them in the Olympics someday. Check out the photos I took of the men's race and women's race by clicking on those links. All were taken with my Canon 1D Mark II N.

1 comment:

meghan said...

I could not agree more with the park statement. I have been pushing myself to do park all season cause I haven't fallen snowboarding in so long, and when I did it was so nice, felt like I was actaully trying. Yay us (: