Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lifted Spirits

Today put me in a much better mood than I was yesterday. I did have the day off though, so that helped a lot. As usual, David and I caught the bus bright and early to catch some fresh turns out at the resort. With our surprise, we peaked around the corner of the Bridger Restaurant to find the gates OPEN to Casper Bowl. I strapped my board to my pack, and we raced to the top, only to be trailing behind three other guys.

Casper Bowl
Me, about to drop into Casper Bowl. Look at all that pow!

I stared in awe at the endless field of powder below me in the bowl. We dropped in through a narrow chute and reaped the benefits of our strenuous morning hike. Soon after David had to leave for work and I met up with Anna.

Freshies in Casper Bowl
David's first turns through Casper Bowl.

I was a bit skeptical after the insane amounts of recent snowfall, but headed out to Rock Springs with Anna anyway. When we got there I was surprised at the amount of people who had already gone though. I guess that's the story of Jackson people though -- always pushing their limits. At least it made me feel safer.

Rock Springs
Quick shot of lower Rock Springs.

We ripped through the fresh powder, happy and tired after the long run down. I have the next two days off and can't wait to do it all over again!

Rock Springs Paradise
Anna, finishing out a lap through Rock Springs.

No comments: