Monday, January 2, 2012

real life instagrams

Ah, the new year. A fresh slate. A new beginning. I'm trying to incorporate some new things into my life this year, as I know most people do. In addition to learning a new language and visiting a new country, I've resolved to shoot more film this year. Technology has pretty much taken over the world these days, including digital cameras. People don't even need a camera anymore, they just need a mobile phone. Nowadays, it seems like everyone is looking for ways to enhance their mobile photos to make them look more artistic. Introducing, Instagram. This app allows it's users to take photos and add effects to them to make them look like they are shot on film, or have a vintage look. Every time I use this app, I go "Damn, I wish I was shooting this on actual film because I bet the results would be much more interesting." And that's usually the case. Exhibit A, a roll of REAL film I just got back from my Holga camera. Enjoy, Instagram fanatics :)

holga_002

holga_001
welcome to washington

holga_004
kitty.

holga_003
lake union.

holga_005
fall in seattle.

holga_010
rooftop hangout.

holga_006
wilson motel.

holga_007
bus ride.

holga_008
chairlift.

holga_009
tetons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally awesome:) I've been playing with film to, so cool:)