Friday, March 5, 2010

Borders & Boarding

I've been really into working with Photoshop over the last few days, trying to create some interesting borders for my images to give them a different look. It's a lot of fun incorporating artwork into my photographs. I spent a while on this one and I'm pretty stoked with the way it turned out:

davidjump001grunge

In addition to that, I went up to Teton Pass with my friend Anna yesterday after sessioning the park with David in the morning. We didn't get up to the hike until about 3:30 pm so it was getting stormy and cloudy when we arrived with a chilly evening air blowing through. That, and the fact that there was nobody else on the hill with us made for a little bit of an eerie atmosphere. When we reached the top of Mt. Glory the sun was barely peeking through the clouds. It's quite a breathtaking sight up there, with views all the way to Idaho. We dropped west towards Coal Creek and into the canyon. I was surprised by the soft turns and the little bit of powder that remained, even after this warm streak that's been going on.

20100304_coalcreek_0002
View from Mt. Glory...doesn't do it justice. :/

We finished the descent and then had to "boardercross" our way out on an icy trail through narrow trees along Coal Creek all the way to the highway. Right after we got out of the forest another couple came out behind us. We all stopped on the side of the road to try and catch a ride back to our cars. All I could think was, "Wouldn't it be sweet if a van pulled up to get us?" Sure enough, a hippie van with a bumper sticker that said "Make Peace" pulled up and the four of us piled in the back. We were back at my truck by 6:15, tired and happy from the day. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: