Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Early Morning

Ever since leaving High Cascade Snowboard Camp, I realized that I needed to get a professional camera if I was going to get serious about this industry. They are so expensive, but such an investment if photography is what you want to do with your life. After countless hours of searching on eBay and in the used camera section of Glazer's, I finally found my prize. It was a package deal someone was selling on eBay...Canon 1D Mark II N, Canon 70-200 f/4 L telephoto lens, some filters, and an 8 GB memory card. All for a reasonably good price. Let me just say, this camera is a beast. I just received it yesterday and have been pouring over the manual (which I never read) to figure out all of the nifty little controls. It's amazing. This is a truly powerful machine that I hope will make my photography even more appealing than (I think) it already is. Here's my new toy:

canon1dmarkiin-1

Also, I've been wanting to go over to the University of Washington aquatic center to take photos of the sunrise. It's supposed to rain this week so I thought I would get there early today. God I hate getting up early. It's miserable. But after I stopped for a pumpkin spice latte (I'm a sucker for seasonal beverages) at Starbucks, I felt better and set up my tripod down on the dock at the canoe center. The sunrise on Lake Washington is incredible. It comes from behind the craggy and rugged silhouette of the Cascade mountains and then pours over onto the smooth-as-glass lake water. It was crisp and cool outside and there really was no other place I would have rather been at the time (besides my bed). There were people getting out there to row, which blows my mind, but they did make for some good subjects in my photos.

Rower's Paradise

Canoe Reflections II

Canoe Reflections

Husky Stadium and Boat Launch

Silhouette

My Morning Fuel

Boat Launch

No comments: