Monday, July 26, 2010

Targhee Downhill Series

Mountain biking is seriously the big thing around here in the summer. People treat it like skiing sometimes. I used to own a mountain bike, but was constantly afraid of the fact that if I fell, it was onto sticks and stones and not snow -- resulting in a lot more injuries. Nevertheless, I am now contributing to Influence Magazine and I will be open to shooting any type of adventure sport. Except for maybe ice climbing. I really don't ever see myself doing that...

This weekend David, Robin and I headed over the pass to Grand Targhee resort where the Wydaho mountain bike festival was going on. Sunday culminated in a downhill mountain biking race - the first of three in a series.

Here are some epic shots from the race:


Nicholas Deak - 2nd Place Sport 19-29



Eric Brecheen - Expert 18 & under category


Scott Fitzgerald - 2nd place Expert 30-39


Tim Meyer - third place in men's 19-29 expert category.


Tim Meyer racing to the finish.

Check out more photos from the weekend on Influence Magazine.

No comments: