Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seattle at its Best

The last two days have been absolutely gorgeous here in Seattle. Yesterday was probably one of the nicest so far this year. It had to have come close to 80 degrees. David, his brother Daniel and I decided to canoeing on Lake Washington. Canoes are $4/hr for students at University of Washington. We took it out over into the arboretum that exists after you cross under I-5. Being that it was a gorgeous day, I decided to take my camera out and see what kinds of summer pictures I could get.



The first thing I saw was this little turtle sunning itself on a lot. I had never known that turtles existed in Seattle, but there it was! As we paddled around, we spotted a blue heron that had landed over in some brush. I think this photo turned out beautiful.





I've always known that Washington is a beautiful state, but when the summer comes, it brings out the beauty even more. What's funny is that as soon as the sun comes out people flock to it. You would never know that there are so many people living in this city! The traffic is horrible, the beaches are crowded, there are endless waits for outdoor patio seating at restaurants, etc. , but it's beautiful and it's worth the wait through the winter.





After our canoe trip, we rode our bikes over to Agua Verde, a little Mexican restaurant right on the waterway between Lake Washington and Lake Union. It was packed of course, as it is a tiny restaurant with some outdoor seating. It was also happy hour, so you could get an order of nachos and a house margarita for under ten dollars. Perfecto! Eventually we got sat by a window where we could enjoy a nice summer breeze and watch people kayaking on the lake. There couldn't have been a more ideal summer day.

No comments: