Monday, October 12, 2015

discovery park engagement | steve & jenni

This summer I've spent A LOT of time traveling. Between shooting weddings all over the state of Washington (one weekend I went from Port Angeles on Saturday to Leavenworth on Sunday), traveling back to Jackson Hole multiple times, and hiking deep into the mountains for engagement sessions, it's been just a little bit crazy. While I do love a shooting in new places that I've never been (it's incredibly inspiring!), I can always appreciate shooting close to home. Sometimes it's easy to take Seattle's amazing views and scenery for granted. There are pockets of pretty stuff everywhere and all it takes is a little bit of exploring to find them. And on that note, meet Steve and Jenni. College sweethearts from Boise, Idaho, work brought these two to Seattle and they are loving the downtown Seattle lifestyle. Upon moving to Seattle, they got an apartment that backs right up to Pike Place and enjoy a minimal commute to their downtown Seattle jobs. Their wedding will be next September in Boise, but they wanted to show their family back home a little taste of the Northwest through their engagement session photos. We started out on the rooftop of their apartment and then took a quick jaunt to Discovery Park, one of Seattle's little gems. We were having such a good time we took a hike down to the lighthouse together and watched the sun go down. Right on the cusp of fall, I was going crazy over the romantic golden light! I had the best time photographing these two and am really looking forward to their wedding next September out in Boise. I can only imagine their family and friends are just as fabulous as they are.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems to be truly wonderful engagement party and hope you had a pretty good one. Couple of weeks ago, I attended my best friend’s wedding at one of fabulous Seattle Wedding venues. They have arranged a simple and graceful party.