Saturday, October 6, 2012

this place is magic in the fall.

Ever since I was a little girl, fall has been my favorite time of year. In Arizona, October 1st always seemed to be the first day that we could actually open our windows again after the hot summer and let the cooler air in. My mom would make loaves of pumpkin bread that would make the house smell delicious, and we would be outside carving pumpkins and playing in the backyard. Obviously my surroundings have changed since then, and I can say that fall has only become more magical for me. After growing this intense love for snowboarding, fall is the indication that winter is coming and that makes for some serious excitement in a town like Jackson Hole! It hasn't snowed yet, but the nighttime temperatures are dropping well into the teens and the days are filled with golden aspens and crisp blue skies. It's gorgeous.

My parents paid me a visit in September, which is always wonderful. We went sightseeing up in the Gros Ventres Range, hiked to Bradley and Taggart Lakes, Ski Lake, and drove to the famous Mormon Row barns. At that time fall was just setting in.

Yesterday I had the best fall day ever, starting out with a hike to Ski Lake in the morning, followed by a drive up into Grand Teton National Park where I had my first actual bear sighting, followed by a moose walking down the same slope, and a herd of elk on my way home. I swear I live in a zoo! Anyway, this place is truly magic in the fall. Can't wait to get my fall Holga roll of film back!









No comments: