Saturday, July 9, 2011

Playing in the Park...Grand Teton, that is...

This week I've tried to get up into Grand Teton National Park as much as possible. On Thursday I went searching for grizzlies and didn't see anything but got some great scenics up at Jenny Lake and Coulter Bay. I'm sure I'll see one of those impressive animals one of these days. Today we spent the afternoon up at Phelps Lake at the sweet jumping rock. With the amount of snow this year I was too scared to jump into that frigid water but I definitely documented the debauchery! Oh and on a side note, I ran 12 miles on Friday. I decided I'm going to train for the first ever Jackson Hole Marathon that takes place on September 24th this year. I did a half marathon three years ago so I know it will be tough but the training is going fantastic so far. And besides, what better scenery could you find for a marathon than our beautiful town of Jackson??

Coulter Bay.

Beautiful whispy clouds.

More Coulter Bay. I mean seriously...am I on Lake Washington??

It's so beautiful here!


Oxbow Bend.

Jackson Lake Dam.

Mount Moran and those pretty yellow flowers that are so abundant right now.

Jenny Lake.

David hucking meat at Phelps Lake today.

Our new friend Jeb swan diving into the icy waters of Phelps Lake.

No comments: