Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend, Inside and Out

Honestly, I don't have any photos from this past weekend, but it was one of the best I've had all summer. I first participated in a three-day-long workshop at Akasha Yoga , my wonderful place of yoga practice here in Jackson. I honestly wasn't much into yoga until I moved here, but after I found out how much it benefits my snowboarding, hiking, biking, and all mental parts of my life, I became hooked. The workshop was taught by Akasha studio owner Neesha Zollinger & her good friend from Barbados, Christy Punnett . We covered a wide variety of poses throughout the weekend, from hip openers to handstands. I even got myself into this pose for the first time:

Full One-Legged King Pigeon, aka Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
Photo by Barry Stone

Crazy I know. Anyway, I came away from the workshop feeling stretched and revitalized. Ready to take on the world. On Sunday, I tried mountain biking again. I had a mountain bike for a while during my senior year of college and spent a lot of time up in the Washington mountains on it. Sadly, I got scared of it after I saw David tear an 8 inch gash in his arm while biking one day and had to get double-layered stitches to get it back together. Yuck. Needless to say, I got back on a friend's bike and rode the new trails at JHMR. Lift access biking, hooray! My first two runs were hideously awful but after that I started getting a lot more comfortable and started to go fast!

Moving on to my final activity of the weekend, rock climbing! I've been wanting to try for a while and I finally had a Monday off to check out the free Intro to Rock Climbing class at our local climbing gym, Enclosure. It was a ton of fun, a great workout, and I can't wait to go again. I guess the only Jackson Hole activity I have left to try is kayaking...hmm...I'll have to work on that one.

As for now, I'm in the middle of another gloriously busy work week at the Amangani. Enjoy the sun while it lasts, it's already starting to feel like fall here :)

No comments: