Saturday, March 28, 2009

Family Vacation

Last week I met up with my family for a quick trip down to some warmer weather. We spent the first two days in Palm Desert at Desert Springs resort. It was pretty amazing. It had a huge atrium with a beautiful bar in the middle. One whole side of it was made of glass that looked out into the pool area that was back-dropped by a desert mountain vista. The trip was designated for a little much needed R&R, so I took full advantage. Ordering tropical drinks and soaking up 85 degree sunshine, what could be better? The hotel was also surrounded by golf courses, not surprising of course. If I was any good at golfing, I bet it would be pretty fun!



After Palm Desert, we drove to Vegas. It was my first time that I was actually old enough to gamble in Vegas, so I was pretty stoked. Needless to say, I lost all of the money that I gambled. At least I still had a good time though! I loved looking at all of the beautiful hotels and the lavish lifestyle that is portrayed in Vegas. My big splurge was a trip to Jean-Philippe's Patisserie in the Bellagio Hotel. Who wouldn't want to go here?



No comments: