Thursday, February 26, 2009

Board Insiders

Hello! I just got back from a two day stay up at Stevens Pass where I was testing boards for boardinsiders.com. Awesome. Basically a select group of riders gets to demo a bunch of boards, get video footage and interviews, and rate the boards. I think it's going to be a really helpful website for people who aren't sure what board to buy because you get to know the riders and their style and you can choose your board that way.

I really can't even put into words the epic-ness of the powder. Might I add, it hasn't even snowed in Washington like this so far this year, so it was due time for some serious pow-pow. I started out riding the Forum Craft 152. This, I discovered, is a flexible park board. Being that it was a 152, I can't say that it was too bad in powder either! It was the most flexible board I've ridden, and I loved the pop off of basically anything. Kickers, jumps, bumps, whatever. It was super fast and fun! I'd have to say another one of my favorites was the GNU B-Pro 152. I'm partial to the boards above 150, so this was an awesome board. Banana and Magne-traction technology. The Magne-traction is awesome! I found that I was holding an edge really well, especially on those annoying traverses, but it's also a ripper in the pow! I had some of the best runs of my life on the backside today, even throwing in a little cliff drop :) I would totally pick up one of those boards if I had the mooney.

So overall, it was a great way to spend a few days off. Oh yah, I forgot to mention that we got to stay in a cabin in Bering, about 20 miles west of Stevens Pass. Hot tub, chill people, and a little Vitamin R ;) I need to get myself one of those someday...

No comments: